BTIA Report on the Sargassum Task Force
In December 2015, the BTIA held a Sargassum Forum with invited guests from Quintana Roo, Mexico, the Caribbean and Belize to present research information and solutions to address sargassum influx in coastal areas. The forum yielded an official report with valuable information which was presented to the Government of Belize. As a result, the Government of Belize through the Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation created the Sargassum Task Force to develop a national master plan to address the influx of sargassum. The composition of the Sargassum Task Force consists representatives from the private and public sector.
- BTIA President sits on the Belize Tourism Board
- BTIA Rep on the Protected Areas Conservation Trust (PACT) Board
- BTIA Rep on the National Environmental Assessment Committee (NEAC)
- BTIA Rep on the Tour Operators Committee
- BTIA Rep on the Civil Society Committee