Mission and Vision
As the leading national private sector tourism association, BTIA represents a unified voice which advocates for issues that benefit its members, influences tourism policy, legislation and marketing for the sustainable development of the industry and improved quality of the visitor experience.
To develop a robust and professional membership association which promotes, advocates and represents the interests of its members for the benefit and sustainable development of the tourism industry.
BTIA is an umbrella organization for the tourism industry’s private sector. BTIA’s main strategic objective is to advocate on behalf of its members for the benefit of the tourism industry by influencing the outcomes of public policy and resource allocation decisions by the government, specifically for tourism.
Our general goals and objectives include:
- Identifying Needs and Priorities of our Members
- Lobbying and Advocating on Key Tourism Issues
- Promoting Sustainable Development
- Dissemination of Tourism Related Information
- Offering/Facilitating Training for Members
- Setting Standards in the Industry
- Assisting/Facilitating the Marketing Needs of Members
- Advising the BTB and Ministry of Tourism on Marketing and Product Development matters
In order to accomplish these goals, BTIA:
- Continues to serve as the voice of the tourism industry in Belize
- Promotes the sustainable development of local infrastructure and tourism
- Provides a network and forum for addressing tourism related concerns
- Endorses the growth of the tourism industry without damage to the environment
- Represents and advocates the best interest of members and the industry.
- Lobbies for critical issues of interest to its members and tourism in general
- Participates in Marketing Initiatives
- Assists members in improving their skills and services
- Undertakes Initiatives that improve professionalism and quality of the industry
BTIA’s Core Guiding Principles are:
- Sustainable development of tourism
- Collaboration among sectors/ chapters of the industry